CCCI Northwest Congregation Pastor
CCCI is a biblically focused church of multicultural believers located in Carmel, Indiana who love God, love people, and serve the nations. The church is made up of five congregations speaking three languages. Northwest (NW) congregation was commissioned by CCCI in January 2020 to reach the communities in the NW side of Indianapolis. The NW congregation mainly consists of families, with a high proportion of young families with children and youth.
The pastor preaches, disciples, and provides pastoral care to these families. Working with the NW leadership team, the pastor also recruits, leads, and equips future leaders. Finally, the pastor mobilizes our church for holistic outreach.
- Agrees with the CCCI Statement of Faith.
- Fulfills the biblical mandate of an overseer as described in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biblical Studies or related field from an accredited institution required. Master of Divinity preferred.
- Fluent in Chinese and conversational in English and experienced in navigating diverse cultures.
- Minimum of three years of pastoral experience in a church setting.
- Have a godly marriage life.
Reporting to the CCCI elders board with accountability to the Board:
- Equip the saints for ministry (Ephesians 4:12) by:
a. creating a strong culture of service in the congregation.
b. building up parents to confidently develop their children's and youth’s faith formation.
c. providing supervisory oversight for the children and youth to build a vibrant children and youth ministry team.
- Preach the word (2 Timothy 4:2) at most of the services.
- Love one another (John 13:34-35) by providing pastoral care and counseling to the congregation members.
- Disciple the nations (Matthew 28:19) by positioning our congregation for local and global missions.
- Aspires to grow in humility and holiness.
- Leads people and provides them with encouragement, guidance, feedback, and follow-up – recruits, coaches, trains, and motivates the congregation.
a. Demonstrates supervisory skills to provide effective leadership growth and development for congregation ministry co-workers and volunteers.
b. Casts vision and values for various ministries to co-workers.
- Demonstrates ability to preach.
- Facilitates effective small groups.
- Provides Bible-based counseling while understanding their counseling limits.
- Builds relationships and cares for those both in the church and in the community.
- Possesses a history of building effective ministry and active church participation (such as leadership meetings, prayer meetings, visitations, activities sanctioned by CCCI and NW congregations, etc).
- Works well independently with personal accountability and with co-workers.
- Aspire to be an example of a followers of Jesus Christ in words and actions.
- A functional ministry: All members and regular attenders are equipped and serving in the ministry that best fits them and edifies the church.
- A connected intergenerational community: Families are connected to other families and to the church.
- Joyful service and discipleship: Aligned programming that supports families having margin to serve joyfully in the church and to disciple their children and youth within their home.
- A culture of outreach: All members and regular attenders understand the importance of and are involved in outreach.
Questions? Contact the NW Pastor Search Team at email@example.com