2018 Summer Female Youth Ministry Internship opportunity with the Chinese Community Church of Indianapolis in Carmel, IN. We are looking for a female who will serve as a youth ministry intern to develop a relational connection with female teens and help them grow in their walk with Christ.
About Chinese Community Church of Indianapolis
Our mission is to love God, love people, and serve all nations, focusing on the Chinese and Chinese-American communities in the Indianapolis suburbs. There are church services in Mandarin, English, and Cantonese. The English congregation has approximately 100 adults, 50 youth and 50 children in attendance each Sunday. The non-denominational church was founded in 1973 and is located in Carmel, Indiana.
Goals of the Internship Program
- Gain practical ministry experience.
- Development of ministry skills through an action-reflection model of learning.
- Growth in cultural competence.
- Discernment in one’s vocational goals.
- Develop disciple making relationships with middle school and high school girls.
- Plan and lead a small group on a weekly basis.
- Disciple students meeting one to one with them throughout the summer.
- Plan and lead Youth Sunday School on a biweekly basis with some possible involvement in children’s Sunday school working with female youth who are children Sunday school leaders.
- Attend a youth conference and take part in some of the planning process. Possibly lead a small group of girls at the conference in morning devotions.
- Participate in staff meetings and report on your ministry and what you are learning.
- Meet with pastoral staff member for the purpose of spiritual formation, leadership development, and reflection on your ministry.
- Engage in personal study and reflection.
- Assist the pastoral staff in other areas of the youth ministry that may include some administrative needs.
- Possible additional areas may be included according to your talents and interests.
- At least one completed year of College or University. Students of all majors are encouraged to apply but preference will be shown to those pursuing a degree related to youth or children’s ministry.
- Profess faith in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.
- Agrees with the CCCI statement of faith.
- Agree to complete a background check.
- Curiosity to learn and grow spiritually, personally, and in your ministry skills.
- Be willing to navigate Asian and American cultures.
- Fulfill time commitment of the internship program.
- Meet regularly with supervisory pastoral staff member(s).
- Attend weekly worship services and all youth ministry events and programs.
$3,000 with housing available if needed.
Dates of Employment & Hours
- June 1 – August 15, 2018
- 40 hours per week
Please send your cover letter, resume, and two references (one must be from your church) to Pastor Josh Schreiner at firstname.lastname@example.org. For the references please include the person’s name, phone number, email address, and how you know them.